6/6/2021 To 7/25/2021
Jesus spoke of the Kingdom of God, or the kingdom of heaven as Matthew identifies it. It’s not heaven; it's life lived genuinely and authentically in this world. But it is also like stepping into a foreign country where the culture and foods and music and expectations are different, because this kingdom is God’s, not ours. Jesus showed us what that kingdom looks like by the way he lived his life. But he also taught us about that kingdom by telling particular kinds of stories we call parables. The parables were descriptive, but they were also invitational. Each telling invites us to choose which world we want to live in…the world we have structured, or the kingdom of heaven?
- 6/20/2021 More than a Mustard Seed Faith Matthew 13: 31-32
- 6/6/2021 Trust the Gospel Matthew 13:1-9
- 7/4/2021 A Different Kind of Patriotism Mark 12:41-44
- 6/20/2021 More than a Mustard Seed Faith 11 AM Matthew 13: 31-32
- 8/28/2021 Wisdom Matters James 3:13-18
- 6/13/2021 What Kind of Soil You Are Really Matters Matthew 13:18-23
- 7/11/2021 Who Can Be Saved? Matthew 20:1-16
- 7/25/2021 Faith Requires Patience Matthew 25:1-13
- 7/18/2021 Grace Expectations Matthew 22:1-14
- 6/27/2021 Can I Fix This?